If you’re old school like us, you’ll recall that Google Shopping was first called “Froogle” between 2003 – 2007. It allowed users to search for products on online shopping sites and compare between vendors – for free. Fast forward and eCommerce businesses then needed to pay for ad placements via Google Shopping.
Google are now about to revert back, adding Organic Listings back into Google Shopping results. This is HUGE. Big news for SEO and big news for eCommerce in the most ordinary of times!
As early as next week, results on the SERPS will primarily consist of free product listings, helping retailers connect with the end-user, at a time when global traffic online is intensifying during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Even retailers with an existing feed that’s budget limited, should see a return due to uncapped visibility
- Feed Optimisation is more important than ever, for PPC & SEO
- Google will announce an integration with PayPal which will speed up the onboarding process
- Great news for Google’s 1st party data, not so great for yours
- A tactic to pull people away from Amazon? Food for thought.
Push was a finalist in Google’s 2019 EMEA Google Premier Partner Awards for Shopping Excellence and continues to support our Retail clients through the pandemic.
Watch this space!